Sunday, January 31, 2010

What I wanted in a husband

I found this when I was looking for my checkbook the other day. This is a list I wrote in 1996 about my future husband. It’s what I was looking for when I was a frshman in college.
Jeff and I got married in 2008. So 12 years later - I think I did pretty good! As far as what I didn’t get, some is ok not to have, some we are working on, and some were silly 

Envisions the same future as me
Will cuddles
Not embarrassed to touch in public
Lots and good hugs
Sensitive
Listens to me
Never looks down on me
Faithful
Man of God
Dependable
Honest
Trustworthy
Cute
No smoking
Casual drinker
Hardworker
Knows way around the house, likes to fix things
Likes to cook
Will help clean
Won’t touch me with his feet
Can make me laugh
Understands my moods
Loves my family
Loves my pets
Has own friends
Likes to shop
Cares about appearance
Gets along with my friends
Likes to go out
Likes to stay in
Likes games
Thinks of me as equal
Wants a monkey
Good natured
Can take a joke
Makes me feel special
Makes me feel beautiful
Lets me be my own person
Loves to laugh
Sense of humor
Integrity
Good work ethic
Morals match mine
Beliefs match mine
Romantic
Does things to show he cares

1 comment:

  1. Great list, Jen!
    I don't think I've ever been smart enough to sit down and list it out like you did. Maybe it's because you did list it out that your subconscious remembered it and sought out Jeff. Or maybe it was just luck. :)

    ReplyDelete