Sunday, January 3, 2010

"I like you - just the way you are"

This is going to sound horrible. But the BEST movie ever is Bridget Jones' Diary. I love it. It has gotten me through many many tough times. I watch it when I'm sick, can't sleep, boy break ups, friend break ups, deaths. I watch it all the time. I can't even tell you how many times I've watched it. I used to keep it in the DVD player. It is my comfort. Is that sad? Probably so - but whatever works, right?
I haven't had a lot of time to sit and re-watch a movie lately. I decided I needed to watch it on New Years Day (or close to it).
It is about a 30 something who sets out to follow her own new years resolutions. She's clumsy, a bit over weight, and doesn't really do/say the right thing. She reminds me alot of myself. And she has someone who loves her - just the way she is. Before I got married, that is what I wanted. It's what I dreamed about. This movie gave me hope. She was wrong in so many ways and someone still loved her. I knew someone would have to love me even though I am also wrong in many ways.
I am on my second DVD. This time it's the special edition. Not sure what's different about it though?
This will always be my "go-to" movie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment