Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Marriage

I've been thinking about this one for a while now. I even ran it by Jeff on Sunday while we were at lunch. So many people gush about how their husband is the best ever. Or how perfect their husband is (come on... really? We know that can't possibly be true. Boys are never perfect) It's just funny to me. I'm not a big gusher. I didn't gush when I got engaged, I didn't gush about any of the wedding details. I was pretty laid back about the whole thing.
Here's what I thought before Sunday. Of course we all think our mate is the best husband there is. Unless your relationship is rocky and struggling, you are going to think you picked the best possible person for yourself. I know I did. Believe me, I dated a bunch of people in order to figure this out (I should have won some sort of dating award!!). Jeff is the best person for me. He may not be as romantic or demonstrative of his love as I would like but he is calm for the most part. He is level headed. He told me Sunday that he actually is the best husband in the universe. Ha. But as we were talking about choosing the perfect person for you... I decided that wasn't right. I chose the best person to put up with me. (not who I could put up with). Shouldn't it be more like that? You chose the person who will deal with your faults. Who will forgive you for all the silly things you do. Who will yell back at you (even though they *claim* to be calm) but then wake up the following morning and not be angry anymore. THAT is what I did. That is how I chose Jeff. I knew he would be the best at dealing with me. I'm pretty tough to deal with sometimes. Just ask my family - moody, short temperered, my feelers get hurt quickly, over sensitive, etc.
Anyways, that's just my though on that. I don't meant to hurt anyones feelings ever.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a very wise thought. And yes, I can vouch for the temper and moodiness. But when you love someone, you put up with all that stuff, just like we always did. Besides, you really do have your good side, and that makes you even more loveable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you hurt anyone's feelings Jen? What you said was perfect...nothing to add...it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete