Friday, January 23, 2015

For a 4 day week, it has been a ROUGH. WEEK. I can only assume it’s because grades are being turned in and our students started their second semester. I feel like I can’t breathe when things get this crazy. We can’t finish one assignment before we get another one. Then I have to prioritize and decide which is more important and which I should focus on first. I can’t focus on them all at once or I would screw everything up, big time!

I’ve been waking up at 5 am-ish to walk (outdoors and indoors this week). Even with that, the last half of the week, I hit the snooze button no less than 3 times and couldn’t even get myself ready and moving in under 30 minutes. To just walk in the dark where nobody else can see me. It’s been tough and I am exhausted.
I fight with myself each morning and think –
Bad Self : one day off won’t kill me.
Good Self : I am already up and probably won’t go back to sleep.
Bad Self : But I might have the best sleep ever in the next hour
Good Self : I have to – that diet bet is calling my name and I need to win
So I get up. Slowly.

Don't be jealous of my view


The nice thing was, Regulate came on my playlist. It took me back to the summer before my senior year. Windows down, driving around with my manufacturer radio bass turned up, on my way to work. I was a life guard that summer and thought I was hot stuff. Especially with the windows down. (My poor Ford Tempo).

Now to look forward to the weekend! I have walking to do, crafts to buy for and not actually make, and people to see. Plus, a to-do list to check off!

No comments:

Post a Comment