Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Feel alive

Just some thoughts.

I had my alarm set for 5:01. (I never set it on the hour, always a random time around the hour). In my dream, I was hearing someone's alarm and looked everywhere for it. I was turning off people's phones and asking those around me if they could hear the beeping. At 5:15, I FINALLY wake up to my alarm beeping. That dream had me searching for the alarm for 14 minutes!

I actually enjoy being up early. Not so much the waking up part but the part where I have already accomplished something by 8:00 am. I had my meeting at church, I have started some laundry, I picked up the kitchen, and I logged in to work. (and I'm writing a short blog... a SHOG really).

Also at church, I noticed that something smelled a little off. Turns out, one of my little men peed on my jacket sleeve. That's fun to figure out in a meeting where you don't know anyone. Why do my dogs hate me?

I attempted a faster walk type jog thing for about 5 minutes out of the hour on the treadmill. I also did some squats. WHY do my inner thighs hurt so much today. I don't recall doing anything with them. But WOW they are angry.

I love to cook. I enjoy making dinner and trying new things. I hate getting my hands sticky and messy. I love having people over and cooking for them. (I love having people over and not cooking for them too). I like trying to cook new foods and having them turn out well or not so well.

Mason asked us on Sunday what makes us feel alive. That is one of mine.
Cooking
Being with friends (and this weekend was a great weekend of friends and family!)
Dr.Pepper (sad)
Iced Chai Lattes
Apparently being up early (after the wake up part)
Looking forward to a new year and the awesome changes and greatness that is coming

What makes you feel alive?

Another reason I love cooking. This guy. Pretty sexy huh? A man doing dishes! I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment