Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 1

Here it is. The start of 2015. It's a blank slate. Brush off 2014 and let's look ahead.

I probably should have cut back on the things I am doing, but I didn't. In fact, I may have added. :)

I just started reading The Daniel Plan, and I intend to follow the thoughts in there to lead me toward a healthier life.

I also signed up for a 2015 miles in 2015 (it's a team of 3 so we split that!) which equals walking/running about 2 miles a day. I can only walk right now but intend to build up to running.

Jeff and I ended our year with a chilly 5K yesterday - the New Years Double. We were supposed to do today too but that didn't work out. Side note - I love that he doesn't care about the 5ks or running or anything but he will do them with me to support me. He's pretty great sometimes.
Regardless, I forget how good I feel after I get out there and exercise and walk. I felt great yesterday and want more of that. I have my alarm set for 5:00 am (eek) for tomorrow. Fingers crossed it wakes me up!

I also signed up for a Diet Bet that requires me to lose 4% in a month to win. I feel like I am probably the most competitive person I know so these challenges are all perfect. I am so competitive, I have challenges with others without them even knowing. I'm pretty sure that boarders on pride but it helps me get it done when I need to.

The hardest part of this new year is to kick that darn Dr. Pepper habit again. (and find time for everything!) I love it. All of those people who say they quit and then tried it again and they didn't like it are crazy talkers! I love it every time. And each time I drink it, it draws me in. I am absolutely addicted to it. So I have to quit. Cold Turkey.

Which brings me to my random thought. I wish I liked coffee. I wonder how long it would take me to force myself to like it. I want to like it so very much! Maybe I will start with super sweet coffee and work my way down? Or maybe I will never like it (boo).

No comments:

Post a Comment