Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Water for Egypt

Water for Egypt

My life group has decided on an international mission. We are raising money to get a filtration system to a church in Egypt. We have several Joe Willy’s events coming up and I hope a few more fun activities that people can come to and help raise the funds.

The big thing – Jeff is going to Egypt. He will be going to help install one of those systems. He leaves in July for like 10 days. Um. What?!? What am I supposed to do with myself for 10 days. I love supporting him and I know this is something he has wanted to do for a while. But I am freaking out.
We have to turn in our down payment soon and there are no refunds. And the down payment isn’t cheap. Then we have to raise the money for the rest of the trip. (expect begging soon). 10 days in the summer. There is no MDO. I still have to work. I might be calling everyone I know to help me. Maggie and I haven’t been by ourselves for this long before. Any advice?

This also means he is gone for my 20 year reunion. Now, you who know me, you know I am a very shy person. The thought of standing by myself and making small talk terrifies me. I also have a FOMO (fear of missing out). So I am struggling with the decision to go or not. Most of my “now” friends didn’t go to high school with me. It would be nice to see everyone. I’m not sure it’s $123 nice. I would love a nice dinner or family picnic. Maybe we could add that? Do I have time to take that on?

And now the begging commences. I set up a go fund me account. We would love donations to help fund the other half of the mission trip. And any extra funds will be used to fund the water filtration system.

http://www.gofundme.com/m8p8ag

No comments:

Post a Comment