Sunday, November 21, 2010

The begining

Almost 2 years ago Jeff and I started trying to have a baby. We weren't super serious about it. We just thought it would happen when it was supposed to happen. It didn't. It didn't happen for a year.
In May we started getting serious about it. We tracked days, we used the sticks. I watched other people get pregnant. I have seen their bellies grow. I'm excited for them but sad at the same time. I have dealt with the question at the showers "when is it your turn". I don't know how to answer that. I don't want to answer that. I dread that question.
So I went to my doctor. She did some bloodwork. We ran some tests. I even had a test called a hysterosalpingogram. That is more than a little pressure - which is what they told me. They put a catheter in your uterus and shoot a die up there to see if the tubes are working. It HURT.
My tubes are A-Ok. She did determine that I may not ovulate every month. So I get to take clomid, or something like it, once Jeff got tested as well.
Jeff went to the dr too. He is now on a month of antibiotics! It looks like he has an infection. The doctor is hoping the antibiotics will hopefully make everything ok and then we can start the clomid.
We also went to the Buckner Adoption Agency. They had an information meeting the other night. Jeff and I talked it over. We are going to wait to see what the antibiotics do and then see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Jen,

    I am so sorry you have to deal with this. But, I must say, it is great that you're looking into adoption. D and I are considering that ourselves. The thought of giving a kiddo a completely different shot in life is so exciting. I know, no matter what happens, you'll be happy with the result.

    Summer

    ReplyDelete