Monday, April 12, 2010

I had a dream...

I was at some library/half price book store. (Think the library on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show) Jeff and I were looking for books with neat quotes in them about music or food. We couldn't find any and we kept looking everywhere.
Then we go into the next room which is like a salvation army store. But off to the side is a small room with a bed. Someone was sleeping in the bed. All of these backpacks and bags were piled in the corner. A little girl told me that the homeless people come in and sleep in that bed. She wished she was asleep in that bed right then. The person was covered in a comforter so I never saw them.
In the bigger room were racks and racks of clothes. I was looking at a rack and saw a small button up Christmas sweater with gingerbread men all over them. (My mom has them all over her kitchen during the holidays) It was originally a $120 marked down to $10. It was tiny and not cute. But I had to have it for her. I was folding it over my arm and some old lady came up and asked to see it. As she was looking at it, she tried to take it from me. She told her old lady friend that it was the one she wanted - as I was standing there holding it! I wouldn't give it to her because I wanted it for mom (even though it wouldn't fit her - she could use it to make a pillow or something!) The old lady kept telling me she found it last week. But she didn't get. Finders keepers right? I finally yanked it out of her hands. I woke up after that.

Moral of the story? One bed for all homeless people, I don't need more neat quotes, I'm mean to old ladies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment